FOODS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR DIET TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
Eat healthily and do not forget to work out, this is going to build your immunity…Daisy Shah
With the rate at which people are breaking down from stress and other illnesses, it has become imperative for us to boost our immune system. Outlined below are five food options that can help you achieve that.
1. Citrus fruits: This includes lemons, limes, oranges, mandarins, and grapefruits. They are rich in Vitamins, are a good source of fiber, are low in calories, reduce the risk of having kidney stones, fight or protect against cancer, contain nutrients that boost heart health, and could protect the brain.
2. Ginger tea: Ginger tea helps combat motion sickness, fights nausea from moving sickness, lowers blood pressure and improves heart health, helps regulate blood sugar level, and boosts the immune system.
3. Greek Yoghurt: this is a brand of yoghurt that has been strained to remove the whey. Whey is the liquid that contains lactose which is a natural sugar found in milk. This yoghurt improves bone health, reduces appetite and hunger, boosts metabolism, improves gut health, encourages good mental health and builds muscle mass.
4. Dark chocolate: It is a powerful source of antioxidants, reduces heart disease risk, protects the skin from the sun, and can improve brain function.
5. Nuts: It’s a great source of many nutrients like protein, fat, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Manganese, and many more. It’s loaded with antioxidants, may aid weight loss, may lower cholesterol and is beneficial for Type 2 Diabetes, may reduce inflammation, and may reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.