Welcome to Secure Capital Limited!
Secure Capital LimitedSecure Capital LimitedSecure Capital Limited
(Monday - Friday)
Ibara, Abeokuta, Ogun State

HOW TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION

HOW TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION

Everyone procrastinates. The only difference is that successful people procrastinate creatively. This means they have a goal and they have a list of activities that can help them meet this goal. They focus on them and delegate everything else. They know that they can never have enough time to do all the things they ought to do. Unsuccessful people, on the other hand, do not have clear goals and often take on more than they can chew. They therefore hardly have enough time to do the things that are really important.

Postponed

This year, Secure Capital challenges you to leave the bandwagon of the unsuccessful procrastinators and join the successful ones by taking the following steps.

1. Have clear written goals: It could be daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. Ensure that these goals are written down and feasible steps are taken daily to meet them. For example, one of your goals in 2021 could be to start blogging. To achieve this, you will need to devote some hours every week to write and some more to read. Having this in mind would help you plan each day well.

2. Plan each day the night before: When you do this, your brain works on this plan all through the night and is ready to launch early in the morning, thereby, giving you a good start.

3. Follow the 80-20 rule: This principle operates on the belief that only 20% of our daily activities have the capacity to boost our career or help us meet our goals. The remaining 80% do not. The challenge is to identify these activities that fall under the 20% category and to start the day with them. Note that these activities are often the ones that challenge us and the ones we are most likely to procrastinate on.

Procrastination, delay and postpone concept.

4. Know the activities you can delegate: Don’t try to do everything or know everything. Delegate more so you can have ample time to do the needful.

5. Eat healthily and rest well: Plans can only be followed when one is hale and hearty. So, it is important to eat well and get adequate rest so one can be fit to tackle the challenges of each day.

For more tips on how to overcome procrastination, you can download a copy of Brian Tracy’s Eat that Frog and thank us later.

error: